← Back to search results
Position Name: RN Regional Nurse Specialist
Location: BaneCare Corporate - Corporate
Regional Nurse Specialist
The Regional Nurse Specialist will be a registered nurse and will have demonstrated evidence and experience in long-term care and the post-acute care. The individual will have and express a genuine interest in caring for elderly patients and have experience in clinical operations. They will be assigned to provide clinical oversight to skilled nursing facilities as needed. Candidates should be very detailed with reports specifying any opportunities for improvement from the audits and investigations.
The Regional Nurse Specialist reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Act as a nurse mentor and adviser to facility leadership and assist in Director of Nursing orientation, mentoring, by being available for consultation, keeping current with medical and nursing care processes, keeping abreast of changes in health care delivery systems and methods and providing information to community leadership as indicated or requested.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer with onsite support with annual state and federal survey inspections.
- Knowledgeable of and assist in implementing state and federal regulations and the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer in developing a plan of correction following a state or federal survey in cooperation with facility leadership.
- Notify timely the appropriate company leadership of events which pose potential compliance and/or litigation risk. Assist facility leadership in managing, investigating, or providing follow-up education related to such events.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer with conducting mock survey audits and perform onsite review of resident care and services on a routine basis and as requested, to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. Provide a verbal and/or written report of findings and recommendations for follow-up to the Administrator, Director of Nursing and appropriate company leadership.
- Maintain effective communication with facility leadership by reporting all observations while onsite to the Administrator and Director of Nursing. Conducting entrance and exit conferences with the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing or designee's during each onsite visit.
- Other duties as assigned
- Director of Nursing experience
- Experience in Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing setting
- Regional experience, preferred
- Graduate of a state-approved school of nursing as a registered nurse
- Current registration in good standing as a registered nurse in states assigned facilities are located, or ability and willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of state and federal long-term care regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with others effectively and professionally
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Computer skills necessary to complete tasks as assigned.
- Reliable transportation as travel is required to various facilities, conferences, and meetings and may include overnight stay
- Knowledge of computer programs, specifically PCC. Excel, Word and email necessary
Job Type: Full-Time
- DON: 2 years (Preferred) or Regional Clinical Experience