The Staff Development Coordinator/Infection Control RN/LPN nurse reports to the Director of Nursing and partners with the Medical Director, Medical Director for Antimicrobial Stewardship, the Quality Officer, and other stakeholders to develop a system of care that promotes sound and scientific infection prevention principles and practices.
RN/LPN Staff Development Coordinator/Infection Control nurse is accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between patients, staff, visitors and the community. Through strategic planning, leadership and consultation, you will lead and direct a robust team in the identification and implementation of infection prevention goals and objectives throughout the facility.
In this key role, the successful application will have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Partner with the Medical Director for Epidemiology/Infectious Disease to develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plan
- Partner with facility leaders, physicians, local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention
- Oversee the operations of the infection prevention, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and relevant safety programs
- Be accountable for surveillance of healthcare acquired and community acquired infections
- Manage goal setting process for system, unit and physician goals related to healthcare acquired infections and conditions
- Lead industrial hygiene program to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, mitigate and control workplace conditions
- Participate in national collaboratives and external reporting to CDC NHSN system, and other post acute-care specific quality organizations
- Authority and responsibility for ensuring appropriate intervention and education occurs with staff, volunteers and medical staff when healthcare infection trends, outbreaks or non-compliance to infection control/OSHA are identified.
- Ensure that education and counseling on infection prevention is available for staff, volunteers, medical staff, patients and parents.
- Support and participate in interdisciplinary performance and quality improvement process.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and ensures that the facility leaders are informed of appropriate issues. Understands and complies with infection control, safety and OSHA procedures and regulations.
Position Qualifications and Credentials:
- Preferred (not required): Certification for Infection Prevention and Control by NADONA (IP-BC Credential)
- 401(k), Company match
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement